2000 Polaris Virage will not start refers to when the jet-ski’s electric starter turns over the crankshaft but the engine won’t start. It could also mean the engine starts but shuts off immediately after, or the engine won’t start but a clicking sound is heard.
The following information will help you identify possible causes for 2000 Polaris that will not turn on. Check for one or more of these possible malfunctions if the Polaris wave-runner is experiencing starting problems:
- No fuel in fuel tank.
- Low cylinder compression.
- No spark or weak spark (possible ignition problem).
- Discharge battery.
- Battery or starter cable connections loose or corroded.
- Lean fuel mixture.
- Choke not closing completely or inoperative.
- Fouled spark plug(s).
- Seawater in fuel.
- Worn, cracked or broken reeds.
- Plugged or restricted idle or low speed passages.
There are always other less common reasons why a 2000 Polaris will not fire up, but this list identifies the most probable causes. It’s recommended you download the factory service manual as it provides additional information regarding starting issues.